New Puppy! She's a Beauceron!

mandelyn

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Mt Repose, OH
My Coop
My Coop
Last weekend I was walking around Petsmart getting more toys for my German Shepherds. Saw this MASSIVE dog with his owner, and I was like... "That's not a Rottie... or a Dobie... and it's too well put together to be a mutt.... what in the world is it?"

So I started talking with the lady, found out what he was, found out what they're like, how they are, what they're good for. Also found out she had two pups left. I opted out of papers since I won't be breeding or showing. But she has a good solid line from France.

I've always had German Shepherds, but their health is not what it should be. Bad hips, poor immune systems, cancer... no matter what type we go with something happens. This breed isn't supposed to be anywhere near as bad. They don't shed as much either, another bonus.

We named her Annabell, and we're keeping her ears floppy. No reason to crop them.

P1040543.jpg

A male dog similar to the sire, I didn't have my camera when we went to get her.

b.jpg

I can't get over how sane she is. She's like a grown dog trapped in a 9 week old body. And SMART! House training has been easy, crate training was instant, she acts like she's starving and went to nose dive into the food storage bin, and I told her No, and she hasn't tried it since. Chewing will be an issue, so I brought out a bunch of toys and put like 3 in each room, and she's either in the crate or a visual is maintained.

She's very independent, took to the big dogs from the start, already has a "big girl" bark. She figured out the back steps quickly. Hasn't cried at all over anything. Great pack skills. If she lacked in social skills my girl Shepherd would have given her a lesson. It wasn't needed, and Ricca is very sweet to her since Annabell acts appropriately. Logan the boy Shepherd is IN LOVE and gives her his favorite toys.

We're really pleased with her. I love her!

I LOVE that breed! Maybe one day I will get one. Just not set up right now... If I move though... might be on my list of things to do. Note to self, GET A BEAUCERON!
smile.png

She is a nice looking dog! I have never heard of that breed before your post... thank goodness for Google!

Now I want one
roll.png

But I don't think my DH will allow that... with a Rottie, Min Schnauzer, and a Welsh Pembroke Corgi already in the house... I would have to move into the coop
hide.gif
But seriously though, I like what I have read about them and that breed has made it into my future dog list.

Do some Ohio cities have breed specific dog legislation? I am positive Beaucerons aren't on any BSL lists, but I'm just curious. I know they tried to pass some statewide breed bans a couple of years ago.

I've loved the look of Beauceron's for years. They aren't very common at all. I was shocked/pleased to see one in Marmaduke. Being as the Beauce in Marmaduke was not the main character(though one of the main characters) I am praying they don't become too "popular".

She is a doll.

Back
Top Bottom