New Quail Guy in Michigan

RonEstrada

Songster
7 Years
Sep 15, 2012
Hi. I actually first joined BYC years ago when I was trying to get chicken raising approved in Oxford Township, Michigan. Lost Cause. I became irritated once again after the COVID-19 thing started and my ability to sustain myself was limited. It’s Michigan in March. Indoor grown lettuce only gets you so far. Then this “Raising Quail” thing popped up in my Pinterest feed. I clicked on it. That was Monday. Today I ordered 16 Celadon Coturnix eggs and picked up an incubator at TSC (curbside pick up, of course). Both of my neighbors are very much on board with a bit of self-sufficiency and are in on this project. My ultimate goal is that all of us have coops and are able to exchange eggs to prevent cross-breeding. My eggs get here next week (assuming the USPS doesn’t get shut down, too), and I’ll be incubating away. Glad to be back at BYC. I was getting way too jealous of all the photos before. Now I’ll have some of my own.

W
We
Wel
Welc
Welco
Welcom
Welcome
Welcome t
Welcome to
Welcome to B
Welcome to BY
Welcome to BYC
Welcome to BYC
Welcome to BYC
Welcome to BYC
Welcome to BYC
Welcome to BYC

Quail are awesome! I like them better than I like my chickens. They are friendlier for starters and so great for kids. Our latest batch of quail babies recently moved out to the aviary and we've handled them so much that they enjoy being patted and fussed over. You are going to love raising them. Let us know how you get on and there are always lots of friendly people on the quail forum just waiting to help you out if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom