New question about humidity

chickenlisa

Invincible Summer
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
Ok- my Hovabator Genesis 1588 arrived this afternoon. I have it set up with the egg turner in it and its on heating up. No eggs in it yet though. I have the accurite Temp/hydometer also in it. Does that whole thing have to be inside the bator or just the sensor in the water wiggler? It seems crowded inside,esp once I fill up all the egg cups with eggs. Can someone help me out soon? I'm planning on adding the duck eggs this evening if the temp and humidity come up ok. Thanks.
Lisa
Please see my newest post- I have a question about the temp-its day 3 now...
Newest posts have humidity question...day 5 begins at 3 pm today

Last edited:
Put the entire thing in the bator. The probe only reads the temp of the wiggler. The air temp and humidity are read by the body. My bator is full of eggs so mine is tucked in on the side.

Happy hatching!!
jumpy.gif

Thank you! Another question... what should the humidity read -I only saw the wet bulb values on the bator instructions.... I know the relative humidity in there will be less than the wet bulb values- but what should they stay near until the last 3 days, then what should they be for those last 3 days?

Lisa

My accurite is saying 52% right now and I just put the duck eggs in 1/2 hr ago... is it ok?

Thank you again- that was excellent reading and I have printed it out to refer to again and again. Makes perfect sense. Also have just taken some H2O out with my baster...and have the extra Thermometer/hydrometer (identical one to the one inside the incubator) sitting outside of it to record the room temp and humidity. Will keep checking here and asking questions as I need....
Lisa

Quote:
er ... duck eggs ....

They actually benefit from the higher humidity
smile.png

I'd set it at around 55%

Correct me if I'm wrong

Back
Top Bottom