Announcement New Required Field - Why Join BYC - Anti Spam

As long as you're talking about required information, if it were possible to require a location by stste in the title line of rehoming threads would be very nice. If they don't post a state the thread wouldn't be accepted. Seems like common sense to me.

if it were possible to require a location by stste in the title line of rehoming threads would be very nice.

We've gone back-n-forth on this. A lot of people are very sensitive about their locations, so we've opted not to require it. We may edit this so we at least ask for their state (and they can always lie if they are super concerned) ;)

We've gone back-n-forth on this. A lot of people are very sensitive about their locations, so we've opted not to require it. We may edit this so we at least ask for their state (and they can always lie if they are super concerned) ;)
NO lying allowed on BYC. That is simply not a nice thing to do.

NO lying allowed on BYC. That is simply not a nice thing to do.
I did not list my correct birthday for BYC. :tongue I never list my correct birthday.

Seriously though....I never list the "actual" date. It's still my age...just not the correct date. Bad people can do too many things with info like that.
:smackto the BAD PEOPLE!!!

I can't see where requiring the state listed would be a bad thing. That's very nondescript.
Even I would do that. :thumbsup

I did not list my correct birthday for BYC. :tongue I never list my correct birthday.

Seriously though....I never list the "actual" date. It's still my age...just not the correct date. Bad people can do too many things with info like that.
:smackto the BAD PEOPLE!!!

I can't see where requiring the state listed would be a bad thing. That's very nondescript.
Even I would do that. :thumbsup
Also, if you're selling something, you have to be willing to share your location... So requiring it for that section doesn't seem unreasonable.

Back
Top Bottom