Announcement New Required Field - Why Join BYC - Anti Spam

Previous post deleted, I was wrong, sorry. :oops: Like Yorkshire Coop said, it's when you make changes to your personal details. Here is a screenshot:
Personal Details _ BackYard Chickens.png

I did not list my correct birthday for BYC. :tongue I never list my correct birthday.

Seriously though....I never list the "actual" date. It's still my age...just not the correct date. Bad people can do too many things with info like that.
:smackto the BAD PEOPLE!!!

I can't see where requiring the state listed would be a bad thing. That's very nondescript.
Even I would do that. :thumbsup

did you realize you could hide the year from people and just show the day/month so no one here looking at your profile won't really know if your 10 or 110? I hid my year and allowed the day/month to show....

did you realize you could hide the year from people and just show the day/month so no one here looking at your profile won't really know if your 10 or 110? I hid my year and allowed the day/month to show....
Hello oldrooster! :frow

Oh sure, I'm aware that we can hide the year from people. It's not my age I'm concerned with hiding. I'll tell you straight that I'm 45, turning 46 in the next couple of months.
I earned the right to be this age. :woot

Unless it's a government form or some important form where I have to fill in my real information...I won't provide my proper information; name, numbers, birthdays included. My information also won't be sent over the internet from my side, if at all possible. That's what faxes are for.

There are a lot of intelligent people out there, and unfortunately, some of those people are malicious. It's much too easy to connect the dots should they hack information. Student's in my son's class could hack their school's firewall in grade 10...lol. (nothing malicious)

I take that as a further cue to be more vigilant to protect myself, in all regards. :D

Unless it's a government form or some important form where I have to fill in my real information...I won't provide my proper information; name, numbers, birthdays included. My information also won't be sent over the internet from my side, if at all possible. That's what faxes are for.

What?!?! You mean your real name isn't Wickedchicken6? I feel so deceived :hit

Hello oldrooster! :frow

Oh sure, I'm aware that we can hide the year from people. It's not my age I'm concerned with hiding. I'll tell you straight that I'm 45, turning 46 in the next couple of months.
I earned the right to be this age. :woot

There are a lot of intelligent people out there, and unfortunately, some of those people are malicious. It's much too easy to connect the dots should they hack information. Student's in my son's class could hack their school's firewall in grade 10...lol. (nothing malicious)

I take that as a further cue to be more vigilant to protect myself, in all regards. :D
Holy crap you took the words out of my mouth. And we're the same age, & in a few months I'll be 46. Oh crap Doppler ganger:oops:I'm not coming out!!

Back
Top Bottom