New Residents in "The Outhouse Coop

thudson

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 2, 2013
Gatesville Texas
Hey everyone! I am excited to announce I discovered the "Teddy Bears of the Chicken World" Silkies and Frizzles! I saw these and couldn't believe what I was seeing, so I got some and they are just teenagers now. (Not quite laying yet). But their character behavior is so amazing! So here they are my new Lovelies! Wait until you see Captain Frizzle he is a torment to bigger roosters but he is such a loveable rooster to us. He protects his girls with pride as he struts around! IMG_20210306_162218391_HDR.jpg IMG_20210612_194601535~2.jpg IMG_20210622_200420072.jpg IMG_20210622_200051393.jpg IMG_20210622_200133173.jpg

Thank You! I am proud of this coop! I am working on purchasing another outhouse and renovating it to a chicken coop as well.

So you used an actual outhouse to make a coop? That's interesting! If you haven't already done so, you should write that up as a Coop Article and document how you did it.

So you used an actual outhouse to make a coop? That's interesting! If you haven't already done so, you should write that up as a Coop Article and document how you did it.
Yes this is a large outhouse built on a homestead not far from where I live. The family moved and gave it to me. My wife thought I was crazy, but I renovated the inside and made it usable for chickens. The only thing I replaced on outside was roof and the door, it had rotted away.

Yes this is a large outhouse built on a homestead not far from where I live. The family moved and gave it to me. My wife thought I was crazy, but I renovated the inside and made it usable for chickens. The only thing I replaced on outside was roof and the door, it had rotted away.

Very cool...I've read a lot of stories of members using recycled materials to build a coop but I think you just won the prize for most innovative!

Back
Top Bottom