New Rooster – RIR?

HipMystic

✨Orchids and Moonlight✨
Nov 12, 2020
Nowhere
I just received this rooster from a friend yesterday. He was in the pullet bin at TSC and is definitely not a pullet 😂

They said he was in the bin labeled as being Easter Eggers (or another colored egg layer) but he looks similar to a Rhode Island Red. Does anyone have thoughts on breed?

As long as he behaves himself he’ll be staying either way, but I’d love to hatch out some colored egg layers if possible (most of my hens lay brown eggs).
Thank you!
E43BBADB-6428-4238-AD1A-D3BC92082932.jpeg

I just received this rooster from a friend yesterday. He was in the pullet bin at TSC and is definitely not a pullet 😂

They said he was in the bin labeled as being Easter Eggers (or another colored egg layer) but he looks similar to a Rhode Island Red. Does anyone have thoughts on breed?

As long as he behaves himself he’ll be staying either way, but I’d love to hatch out some colored egg layers if possible (most of my hens lay brown eggs).
Thank you!View attachment 3272675
He looks like a Rhode Island Red. Sorry no colored egg layers from him.😊

Thanks everyone 😊
I know hatchery stock is usually a light red, so I’m excited he’s such a deep color then 😊

Hey unrelated but just a reminder to remove that leg band soon! My Barred Rock had one embedded in her upper leg that was terribly infected. Someone must have put it on her when she was young and her leg grew over it (I adopted her as a full grown hen). So now I feel it is my duty to go around reminding people when I see a band getting a little tight lol.

Edit: Nvm, just read that you said he's getting a new one! Great :)

Back
Top Bottom