New rooster to flock

I too am getting a new Ameraucana Rooster - hopefully, less flighty and escape-prone. He is supposed to be non aggressive, and people friendly. Now to give him a new name.
Ameracana rooster.jpg

Keep in mind that your male is immature, probably right on the cusp of trying to mate.
The hens will likely kick his butt for a good while, especially if you're in the northern hemisphere and the hens are getting ready to molt, thus not lay, thus no interest in being fertilized.

Hmm, says both.....but black eggs is incorrect:
upload_2018-9-4_8-1-58.png

Keep in mind that your male is immature, probably right on the cusp of trying to mate.
The hens will likely kick his butt for a good while, especially if you're in the northern hemisphere and the hens are getting ready to molt, thus not lay, thus no interest in being fertilized.

Hmm, says both.....but black eggs is incorrect:
View attachment 1524517
That's a good example of why Wikipedia should never be used as the only source of info. :)

Almost every source of info should be taken with grains of salt and fat measures of common sense and logic. ;)
When my son was in high school there were certain sources they were allowed to cite. I was reallly surprised that Wikipedia made the cut considering how they are easily edited and such.
Anyway, you are correct - always research using more than one source.

Back
Top Bottom