New rooster...what could he be though.

LinckHillPoultry

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Pennsylvania
Okay... I'm going to start this post and we'll work on it over time lol.
I currently do NOT have a picture of him yet, because I just got him about an hour ago from my neighbor. I also got 8 eggs to hatch... yippee... I made out good tonight!

Well... my rooster that I just got is currently not in very good shape, not to the point of death, but another rooster at my neighbors place beat the CRAP out of him, I mean to the point where the rooster that beat him up (who's white) looked like someone spilt red koolaid on him. The rooster will be fine though because I've dealt with hurt roosters and hens many times, the hurt rooster is in seclusion now in a cage while he heals.

Here's his discription though until I get a picture:
He is standard size.
A crele color, but a little like a barred rock though.
Feathered feet.
No extra toe.

He is a mixed breed though, because the people that gave him to my neighbor when him and his siblings were peeps said that they were definately mixed.
Some of his siblings have feathered feet also, and others do not. His siblings that are hens are plain white. The roosters are crele coloring, and also white. The one creamy colored one almost looked like a giant d ' Uccle.

If you have any ideas until I get pictures it would be muchly appreciated.

His mother was a australorp. I don't know what the father was though. He must've had feathered feet. He is in really bad shape though. He has this huge blood scabbish thing over his one eye. It just dried there. I've been trying to get it off with a wet paper towel, with no luck. I did clear it up a little bit around the eye though.

Back
Top Bottom