New Runner Ducklings! Growing up - UPDATED PICS, pg. 3

love.gif
Congrats on the runner babies, they are sooo cute. I have 2 males so hopefully next year I can get some females.

Quote:
Here's what the darker ducklings grow up to look like (this is a drake in juvenile plumage):
BlueDuskyDrake.jpg

And the lighter one that I kept is just starting to get in the prettiest pale, Champagne-colored feathers (reminds me of a Champagne Tennessee Walking Horse, just like this one: http://www.bansidhesenterprises.com/images/ChampagneShadowfax7.gif). She's just getting the feathers in though, she's only 3 weeks old - I'll take some pictures when you can see them better.
smile.png

By the way - here are 4 more I hatched last week - I have 14 more eggs in the 'bator yet, and then I'm DONE hatching for the year:
June2010088.jpg

Quote:
You never know - Wifezilla's crazy Runner went broody this spring!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL...yeah Chrissy sure surprised me. I think the lady I sold her to wanted to use her as a broody. Since Chrissy kept trying to take over Lexi's nest after hers hatched, I think she will do a good job. That goofy duck was never right in the head
gig.gif

Thanks for sharing, beautiful!

Here's my runners just the other day.

The fawn & white is a year old. Got her from TSC, and the other 2 are 11 weeks old. Goofy as heck the lot of them!
32064_398860437337_693002337_4353611_4752017_n.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom