New Serama indoor keeper in Plainfield,IL

Serama Mama

In the Brooder
Dec 18, 2015
Plainfield, IL
Happy to join and learn. I'm a finch/canary keeper and have been for many years. Venturing into chicken territory. It's been 2 weeks now and we've been rewarded with 3 eggs
1f413.png
We have 1 hen and 1 chick. The hen lives with the finches in the aviary. The chick is in a heated container. Learning new stuff every day.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! The learning centre is a great place to start, lots of great articles there. Here is the link if you have not already checked it out ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

As you have your chick on its own is there any way you could get it a friend? They do so much better with company of their own kind. Are you hoping to get your chick living together?

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

As a novice in chicken keeping, I'm really enjoying my new pets! The hen stopped laying eggs and has been brooding for a few weeks now. The cockerel is very friendly and loves to cuddle.

welcome-byc.gif

I'd love to see a picture of your Seramas, they are such cute birds with their upright posture! Do you plan to keep them as house chickens? There are quite a few people that keep chickens inside as pets...there's a thread here on BYC you can find by searching "house chickens".

Thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom