New silkie baby....WITH 6 TOES??????? PIC'S!!!!!!!!!

k2chickens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
New Castle, Indiana
Check this out....

28902_dsc01210.jpg

28902_dsc01213.jpg

one out of the 4 silkie babies i ordered came with a crazy looking toe. They will not seperate...it's one big toe!! Does this happen alot with the sikies?? These are my first. Wonder what i should call it since it's sorta special now?
clap.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that is possible. I hatched out my own chicks and one of them had six toes on both feet. I could guess who the father was because one of my roosters' extra toe had two claws on it.

ETA: The chick was a SilkiexSebright cross, not a purebred. Though I did hatch 3 white silkies and each had the normal five toes.

Last edited:
That is weird--
(please dont bash me here- not my families fault). I have seen chicks with 2 and 3 heads that didnt live very long poor things
hit.gif
I think it was because the eggs we purchase had been so inbred they didnt stand a chance.
sad.png
Needless to say never bought there again at all. Plus they wasnt even double yolk to boot- which we NEVER set double yokers- ever.

But I havent seen the 6 toes before.
That is very educational tool (pics) - thank you for sharing.

Quote:
i know right!!!! I just noticed another one of my silkies had a weird indention on his nose now. Man this is makeing me upset...of the 4 silkies i ordered..2 are tainted...man should i call the hatchery? I think they had a bad batch of silkies.

Back
Top Bottom