New small flock in Arkansas

Aaronrules

Chirping
Jun 23, 2021
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

-Yes we are new. We got our chickens after our 3rd grader was allowed to bring home one of the chickens his class hatched at the end of the school year. We soon found out that it isn’t a good idea to raise a single chicken so we went to TSC to buy a few more. That’s when we found out there is either a law or a company policy at TSC that you have to buy at least 6 baby chicks. They are almost 6 weeks old as of June 23, 2021.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

- Because if the Arkansas state law and/or Tractor Supply Company policy we have 7 chicks with a plan to give two away to a friend when we can figure the sex of all the chickens.

(3) What breeds do you have?

-We literally have no idea. The only thing we are sure of is we have 4 batam sized and 3 “regular?” Size. Also pretty certain that two of the three “regular” sized are the same breed. Every other chick looks significantly different from one another.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

- We are still trying to this out! LOL. It’s something I have been wanting to do for a while and I hope it will be a rewarding experience.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

- I like to work on my truck so I can “overland”/Offroad. Also like to try to pretend I am a woodworker.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
- family of 4 (mom, dad, two boys ages 16 and 9). Two Goldendoodles, one is the mother of the other one.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

- Been seeing the site pop up during searches online. So I’ve known about it for a while maybe a few years. Finally joined because we actually have chickens now!

Back
Top Bottom