New Snake!!

smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks, Ilove!

Turnerstar, Thanks!

homecatmom, Thank You! Im not sure, but he is really shiny, so its possible!

Bert, they might know about the Dodo, but I've got other suprises!

fowltemptress, Its great to see another person with Corns! This guy is het for Caramel and Stripe, so he can make me some Butter Stripes if paired with the right female. My parents would die if one of mine got loose,lol. They are terrified of snakes. Well, this is my first adult. I have 5 other Corns. 1 is now an adult, but the others hatched in April-May. She had this one, or a Striped Anery het Hypo. He was really nice, but he was also $35 more. Anery Stripes and Ghost Stripes are cool, but Caramel Stripes are my all time favorite morph. I have 5 other Corns, and 1 Bearded Dragon. I actually use Aspen and I've never had any trouble with it. Almost everyone I know uses Aspen. I make sure they have a moist hide and lots of water and they shed perfectly. Have you tried Paper Towels? I did it when I had to and it worked fine, its also easy to clean up. Its not too pretty, but it worked!

Thanks, Roux! I cant wait to get some more pics, he's really handsome. I just checked on him and he's wrapped up under his water bowl. His saddles are really nice too, he's got a little bit of zig-zagging on his neck too.

Thanks Again!

Wow! How beautiful! I've always wanted a snake and it's not even my parents that keep me from getting one! It's just that petstores are too far away to get a regular food supply from. A corn snake would be my first chioce though!

I went to a reptile and lizard expo in florida years ago. i've never seen so many beautiful snakes in my life. My favorite was this black snake that had rainbow colors on it like it was dipped in oil. There was also this HUGE python. He was white and yellow. He was so sweet!

Good luck with your new snake!

your snake is beautiful. i don't really like snakes that much. they creep me out, same with insects, and other creepy crawlies, and stuff. but your snake is so pretty. my parents would NEVER let me get a snake. they would die. well i wouldn't really want one, but my brothers might. lol. i'm not a huge fan of snakes but your snake is gorgeus.

Quote:
First, I wanted to say that when I had my ball python I used Care Fresh bedding and it worked great. Don't know how well it works for other snakes though.

OEGB, beautiful snake. I'm curious about something. My ball python, Dixie, was actually a pretty cuddly snake. She much prefered me over my ex (smart snake) and if she could curl up in my lap she was happy to just lay there. Are corns 'cuddly'?

Most people I know use aspen as well, but it's not my personal preference. I'm pretty happy with the carpet, but I think I'll sprinkle some paper towels in one corner so he can burrow in and get comfy.
I can't say I'm a particular fan of the anery stripes (if it's the one I'm thinking of, I could be picturing something else), but I completely agree that caramel stripes are something special. What are your other corn's morphs?
I'm jealous of your corn snake collection, but I do have six crested geckos and a frilled lizard.
Thanks for sharing the pics, I love looking at beautiful corns!

I've never seen care fresh bedding. I'll have to look it up.

My snake tends to be too active to be considered cuddly (Reddy was the cuddly one), but he has the sweetest disposition, and not the faintest trace of being head shy.

Thanks, Lauren! I got my first Corn from a petstore, but I purchased my last 5 from breeders. My 4 actually came all the way from Florida! As for the food, I feed them Frozen/Thawed, so I keep hundreds of mice in the freezer. Its a whole lot easier, and cheaper, and safer,lol.

Thanks, KDOG! I appreciate your nice comments, even though you arent a huge snake fan. The rest of my family is pretty stand-offish, but I just love them. I love the creepies though. Insects are totally awesome. But I love all animals, I just have a special place in my heart for the outcasts.
wink.png

Thanks Gritsar! 3 of my 4 hatchlings (I guess they are almost yearlings now) are pretty crazy, but I have one that will curl up around my fingers and sit there forever. My adult female, Chester, will curl up in my shirt or on my shoulder, and sit there for, literally, hours. She's been a very calm snake, I guess you could say cuddly,lol.

Temptress, do they have moist hides? Mine love to hide in theirs. Anery Stripes are grey, with dark black/grey stripes going down their backs. I think they are really pretty. They Caramels are just amazing though. I have 4 Normals and 1 Amel, and then this new Amel. I know, pretty common morphs, but they were either free, or good deals, so I said ok,lol. The cool thing is, they have AMAZING hets. I can produce Lavenders, Hypo Lavs, Opals, Butters, Caramels, Butter Stripes, Caramel Stripes and Amel Stripes if I use the right girls. Its pretty cool! Im very jealous of you having Crested Geckos and a Frilled Lizard,lol. I was going to get a Crestie earlier this year, but I talked myself out of it. Snakes are just way more easy. Post pics if you can! I want to see em.

Gorgeous corn!

I have a male (I think!) snow corn. He's about 4 years old now. and about 3 foot long. No others, but would love more. I can't breed or sell them here in West Virginia (legally) so no real reason to look for more. Plus I have no room! I have 4 leopard geckos that I'm going to breed this year (those are legal to breed and sell here!)

My corn
DSCN0243-vi.jpg

DSCN0245-vi.jpg

AS a hatchling (and he's on aspen now - not this junk!)
59114snowflake2-vi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom