New Sportsman--Question

Okay, well, it is still holding 38% exactly so, if that is sufficient I'll leave it alone. I will add one or two wicks to test what I can boost it to before my first batch of eggs.

I wonder....a bright red card that came inside the 1502 states that this is GQF's newest model and now has two fans instead of one to increase air circulation....and that they would appreciate feedback on how the hatches go. Is this two-fan model brand new? If so, I wonder if that is increasing the air in/out and decreasing the humidity slightly.
(In our IL basement, the air is not dry. And, I've read others on here that have actually had to cover a portion of their water pan to get the humidity low enough.)

Hello! I am really interested in how your hatch turned out. I have the new GQF sportsman 1502 and this is my 2nd attempt. my first hatch all stopped growing. I couldn't get the humidity up over 20% because the humidity pan wouldn't automatically fill.. now that I have that figured out I cannot, like you, get the humidity over 38 to 40%. if I put mason jars with warm water and spounges in there it will raise the humidity temporarilly. did you figure this bator out? have any tips?

Back
Top Bottom