New spot in duck egg day 28

Quackquack123

Hatching
Jul 8, 2020
736C4335-AB08-4BF8-A515-ED3EE5A93237.png
Hi everyone,
I found a duck egg 28 days ago on my dock after a storm and it was completely cracked all over with the membrane holding everything in. I believe it is a common merganser and they take about 35 days for incubating. I contacted an individual on the DNR’s website who will take care of the duckling when it (hopefully) hatches. All odds are against this little guy and so far it has been thriving. However today I noticed this small spot when I candled it and I was wondering if anyone knows what it is? Also, the vessels don’t span over the whole egg, there is about 1/6 of the egg that does not have vessels (the spot being on this area) is this okay? The duckling still moves around in the egg so I know it is still alive.
Please help!

I can't quite tell, it almost looks like it's pipping, at least internally. Hopefully someone with more duck experience will happen along and have better information than just my guess.

I can't quite tell, it almost looks like it's pipping, at least internally. Hopefully someone with more duck experience will happen along and have better information than just my guess.
I was thinking that could be a possibility but it doesn’t seem like it is occupying that area at all. It’s hard to tell where it’s body parts are according to the movement but it looks like it’s head is against the air sac. But like I said it’s hard to tell. Thank you for your response!

Back
Top Bottom