NEW SPRING QUILT BLOCK SWAP!

Just finished a swap for another board, did 21 blocks, 6 different patterns in about 2 evenings. Excited to be able to make more than 4 of a pattern this time!!
Tracibug, you make me tired just reading that! Do you have any pictures maybe? I think we like pictures
clap.gif

I've been meaning to ask you, what kind of rooster is your profile pic/avatar? I have a 3 month old that seems to look more and more like a carbon copy of that roo. Oh and I am mailing my squares to you on Monday.
big_smile.png

Here is a pic of my little roo. He is beginning to get the irradescent color to his tail like your roo. His sickle feathers started growin in this week and he crowed for the first time on Tuesday. A very mellow, pleasing crow.

Mine is a golden phoenix who has gone to live elsewhere, as was not getting along with my copper marans I got for my eggers (wants olive eggs). I got him as a chick when I first got chickens. He was literally scalped by the nasty RIR roos we also had at the time. He spent well over a month in the house, then moved him in with some younger chicks and 2 turkeys and he flourished as the alpha roo. He was in a molt when he left, but before that some of his tail feathers were well over 18" long!

Just keep doing your best, if it is late it's late, I wouldn't worry so much, things happen and I'm sure we all can understand that. Can you recruit someone to help you cut? Or can you change your pattern to a very simple one?

Last edited:
Tracibug, OMG I love those blocks, the colors and the designs are wonderful
thumbsup.gif
so we both are newbie's, I have put together my first quilt top, it's for a baby, I see my mistakes, and putting together blocks takes skill, I told my husband I think regular sewing can be easier, ok, here is a pic of the quilt top I have finished. This should still be ok to give as a baby gift. I needed to practice before I use our swap blocks,
big_smile.png
thats mean huh.

Tracibug, OMG I love those blocks, the colors and the designs are wonderful
thumbsup.gif
so we both are newbie's, I have put together my first quilt top, it's for a baby, I see my mistakes, and putting together blocks takes skill, I told my husband I think regular sewing can be easier, ok, here is a pic of the quilt top I have finished. This should still be ok to give as a baby gift. I needed to practice before I use our swap blocks,
big_smile.png
thats mean huh.

Those are definitely not newbie blocks either...any baby should love that for life!

Back
Top Bottom