NEW STYLE HOVA-BATOR????

Gosh I'm so sorry you are having trouble with it. Please let us know what they say. Did you take the red plug out to try to clear out some of the condensation?

Fingers crossed for your little babies.

CRAP, I am having trouble with the new model 1588
barnie.gif
I got this new one to use as a hatcher because my other 1588 is overflowing with eggs. Anyway, put 11 eggs into lockdown last night. I filled up all the channels with water and added a second temp/hygrometer @ egg level to double check readings (not calibrated though
sad.png
) THE ELECTRONIC DISPLAY IS FILLED WITH WATER DROPS/ HUMIDITY. I can not even read it at all
hit.gif
The clear window is not fogged up and my alt hygrometer is reading 70%. This happened last night as soon as I filled it with warm water, still fogged up this morning. Now I'm worried the electronics are getting wet and maybe the unit will malfunction???? I sure hope not because I have 11 eggs in lockdown and my other incubator is full
hit.gif

Calling GQF this morning to see what they say, any advice for me??????

Thanks,
Trish

Thanks Sherrie. I am afraid to take out the plugs because I don't want to lose humidity
th.gif
The clear viewing glass is not fogged up, only the electronic display. Seems that maybe the electronic display area is not properly sealed. Not sure. Waiting until I have a few minutes time to call GQF (I'm at work). I will let everyone know what they say.

Thanks,
Trish

Hopefully the humidity will dissipate on its own. Let us know what the manufacturer says. I just purchased the "old" 1588 in December and now I wish I had waited for this new one. I still need another one anyway so I can have a hatcher, so I'm thinking I will get the new one too! I didn't know they had a "new and improved" model. I'm glad I ran across this thread.

I did the same thing, and am going to go with 3 to do the final calibration. With my the temps reported are the same as yours (about 1.5 degrees lower) my humidity however is also lower 4%. I have a second them/hydrometer and I think I will average the 3 if all different, or if 2 are the same I will use those.

Regards,

Chris

I calibrated last night and when I woke up it was reading at 65%, so ten off.....that explains my first reading of 42% and 52%.

OK everyone- spoke with GQF. THEY ARE AWESOME to deal with by the way. They are not sure why that happened and they are sending me another unit. I have to return this one so they can see what went wrong. The man I spoke with does not think the humidity will effect the electronics, at least not over the next couple days. So I should finish the hatch and then start using the replacement one being sent
woot.gif
I consider this to be excellent customer service! Lets hope he's right and it holds out for my hatch.

We also discussed the humidity read out. I let him know that some people were saying that they were not getting accurate readings, he agreed. He says temp will be VERY ACCURATE but humidity can be off some (I think he said +/- 4) and to use it more as a guide.

All in all a great product and EXCELLENT customer service. I will let everyone know how the hatch goes in this
big_smile.png

Trish

Got mine today and I plugged it in to test it out. I am starting my hatch on the 12th once I have collected enough eggs, but set it up to see how it goes. Temp is spot on the highest it goes is 100.3 and humidity is around 20 without water so probably between 16 and 24 real humidity. So far I am very impressed. It seems to be pretty good at holding temp and even the humidity is doable with + or - 4* variance. We shall see.

Wow. This sounds great.

I currently use the old 1588, and it is amazing.

I need two 'bators anyway since I'm always piling too many eggs into the thing. The turner only holds 42, so I have to hand turn the extras.

smile.png

Okay went to play around with the humidity and noticed that the plastic tray is totally changed from the one that the 1588 has listed in the book has anyone played with this to get the humidity to 35-40 for setting and 60-65 for hatching. I don't want to play with it during a hatch figure I should get it all worked out now. I filled the three squares in the middle figuring that was the least surface area out of all of the channels and got up to like 38 with the +-4 variation for the humidity that would be between 34 and 42 which is a little high.

What have you guys done?

Back
Top Bottom