NEW STYLE HOVA-BATOR????

we make our own incubators. We frequently order from Omaha Steaks, and the styrofoam boxes they send are perfect incubators! Went to Lowes and got a piece of plexiglass for the top, and it works wonders! We had the heating element and accessories from an old hova bator, so we decided to recycle, lol Very sturdy, and works like a charm. We have hatched chickens, ducks, peacocks, and two turkeys!

Okay I just have to say that since I set the eggs each day seems to go very slowly lol. I might never make it through 18 days until lock down.

OMG husband ordered one for me for our anniversary! It'll be here this week or Monday!

Now he better remember HE is the one that bought this incubator when there are ducklings everywhere. HE is the one that enabled staggered hatches!

wee.gif

Does that read the humidity as well, like it says?

Mine works amazing. The factory will tell you to expect a variation of +/- 4 % for humidity but if I put it in the ball park of where I want it seems to work well. Just hatched 20 out of 27 pullet eggs with it. By far the best hatch I have had so far and all the babies are alive and spunky.

Your post about the 'new and improved' 1588 Hova Bator 'inspired me' and I checked around and finally ordered one this weekend from Stromberg's. They notified me today that it shipped yesterday. I got the turner and extra quail racks as DH
wants to try some quail eggs too. The total for the 1588 that has the large viewing window, auto ckn and quail turner, fan and digital control center for temp and humidity was $206 which included shipping which was free. We hatched out 20
adorable BR babies this weekend with DH's fanless cheapo LG but we ordered a fan kit so we can modify it and with the
new Hova Bator and LG with a fan we should be all set.

Back
Top Bottom