New Sultan Chicks but What Happened?

hulson

Chirping
Mar 18, 2015
I am hatching Sultan chicks for sale and so far four have turned out white (just like their parents); however, today, one hatched grey. Is this considered an abnormality? I guess there is a black Sultan in this genealogy.

Genealogy in Reality.

But Just a little different does not make them bad. Think of this one as the GREY SHEEP of the herd. But you do have a flock. Now I'm all mixed up.
idunno.gif

WISHING YOU BEST
thumbsup.gif

I am hatching Sultan chicks for sale and so far four have turned out white (just like their parents); however, today, one hatched grey. Is this considered an abnormality? I guess there is a black Sultan in this genealogy.

While sometimes a surprise recessive white will pop up from black parents, it doesn't happen in reverse. This chick is likely what some call a silver gene white. They are greyish as chicks but are pure white as adults.

For example take this little grey chick in the center of all the yellow ones. The lighting makes him look darker than he was, it was a silvery color.

900x900px-LL-435fe5c3_DCP_3519.jpeg

And as an adult

900x900px-LL-66c78bbe_13729_091011_32.jpeg

Thank you for the information. It was just so surprising having all yellow and then that one. Can't wait to see what he will look like grown.

Back
Top Bottom