New Term

Linda in San Diego

Songster
11 Years
May 11, 2008
San Diego
I was posting on another thread and used the phrase - Home Ranged for the Delightful Dozen.

My DD are in the Coop and Run until 2 or 4 in the afternoon. They return to the coop to lay eggs - well, right now only 1/2 of them are laying, so we will see.

Once they are out in the yard they have a fenced area to roam. They love to settle down under the table that is under the gazebo, but most of the time they are pecking, scratching and pecking more all around the yard. They find all kinds of "good stuff" to chow down on and they really eat very little of the Layer pellet that is in the coop.

So my new term that I would like to suggest is "Home Ranged". It is not fully "Free Ranged", but pretty close. What do you think?

Was enjoying some of your journal over at blogspot and left a comment for you. I just love those chicken journals
big_smile.png
And good idea for a new term for that.

LOL Those chickens are probably keeping you VERY busy
wink.png
I know mine are! I used to blog more but have been slacking. I usually was updating every day. I have like four journals started LOL I do post in all of them at some point!

Quote:
In order of keeping me busy:
#1 - non teaching "helping" duties - do my fellow teachers realize that when I am teaching them something new like the new gradebook progrem, they are inputting grades and I am teaching them? I am always futher behind because I am helping them!
#2 - Those students just continue completing work and projects which I have to grade and provide feedback - and then find time to enter my grades even though others are done because I taught them how...(not bitter or sarcastic!)
#3 Planning for tomorrow...and next week...keep that head above the water line!
#4 Ummm, there is a family of 5 at that address - oops, I am one of the 5....
#5 Make DH take care of the flock during the week, (he is retired on disability)
#6 Sit in the gazebo, burn some incense, watch chickens, read my book!

Back
Top Bottom