: New Thread

hello hatchery

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 14, 2014
Burgaw NC
Hello! So glad to join you all! My husband and I started hatching eggs with one small incubator in May and we are hatching for a young man who sells the chicks. We are now up to seven small incubators! I want to send gratitude and blessings to those who provided information on splayed legs and silkie diets! Those posts were read and reread and allowed me to help several little chicks!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.
Congrats on all your hatches!!
jumpy.gif

Glad you joined us!

Also thank you to the very detailed post of how chicks and ducks hatch and how to carefully assist when needed. I just don't have enough thank you's to tell you how much your thoughtful post meant to me. When I am on here again, I will find your name and send post directly to you.

Hello there and welcome back to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on all the great hatches! This is the place to be for all the learning and fun. We are just bursting at the seams with knowledge!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Thank you for welcome, especially when yesterday the hatching incubator remained so quiet, rather than pipping as was listed on calendar....Fortunately I decided to give them another day and today there is pipping and chirping! (I do candle eggs but don't trust my skills with it. Trying to get better. Do most of you have professional candlerers?) Last night had a surprise when I went to add water to incubator and kept hearing what I thought was baby duck sounds. I started looking at individual eggs and sure enough one little guy had pipped early!

I just use a bright flash light in a dark room. Seems to work for me. :)

So glad you are having great hatches! :)

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. Congratulations on your hatches. You've received lots of good advice from the other BYC members. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your new chicks.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on the successful hatches, good luck with the babies!

Back
Top Bottom