New to Austin

vandavenport

Hatching
May 12, 2015
Hello Everyone,
My wife and I moved to Austin, TX in September on 5 acres. I built us a coop and a friend gave 5 hens and a rooster. We have been gathering a lot of helpful information from the site so I thought I should come say hello.
-Brian & Nina

Hi :welcome Brian and Nina

Glad you could join the flock! Lovely to hear you have got a lot of helpful information from BYC. It really is the place for all the learning and chicken fun. What breeds do you have?

Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.
Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome to BYC, Brian and Nina! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.
5 acres is a good amount of land. I'm sure your chickens are happy. Good luck with them and welcome to our community.
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC, Brian and Nina. Glad you decided to join our flock. My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chickens.

Hello! I am new to BYC. I have been looking at it for tips and tricks though for some time. I currently have 7 chickens. 4 Bantams ( 2 are roosters
th.gif
) , 2 road island reds and a white one that was given to me. My mom went to the feed store and someone walked in with a chick that was bought for Easter and was now unwanted. What can I say, we cant say no... Anyway, we currently live in the country but we will be having to move into Austin soon. Anyone know if this will be a problem? I know the roosters may need to be rehomed but will 5 ladies be an issue? I also know and HOA will have thoughts too...
hmm.png

Hello! I am new to BYC. I have been looking at it for tips and tricks though for some time. I currently have 7 chickens. 4 Bantams ( 2 are roosters
th.gif
) , 2 road island reds and a white one that was given to me. My mom went to the feed store and someone walked in with a chick that was bought for Easter and was now unwanted. What can I say, we cant say no... Anyway, we currently live in the country but we will be having to move into Austin soon. Anyone know if this will be a problem? I know the roosters may need to be rehomed but will 5 ladies be an issue? I also know and HOA will have thoughts too...
hmm.png

Welcome to BYC as well. As far as I know, Austin, TX does allow chickens (even roosters). You will find their chicken ordinances at https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/austin-texas-chicken-ordinance. Of course if you live in an HOA, the HOA ordinances may not permit them. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom