New to Backyard Chickens and first year chicken owners

1byc-colorful-family.png

hello-smiley.gif
When did you get your chickens and how old are they?

1) We bought our first 5 chickens, white plymouth rocks from Murdoch's feed. From now on, we will buy day old and have them shipped so they can imprint on us.

(2) We have 7 chickens to date. A neighbor just gave us 2 black stars who were being picked on by her flock. We have only had them 1 day.

(3) To date, black stars and white plymouth rocks. More breeds coming

(4) We love their sounds, their eggs and the peacefullness of chickens milling about. They weave in and out among our dogs, nigerian dwarf goats and horse. lovely

(5) We raise Labradoodles (Colorado Rockies Labradoodles) and registered Nigerian Dwarf goats. Love them!

(6) Micheal and I live on 37 acres just SE of Salida CO in a tiny town called Cotopaxi. We have 1/2 mile of Oak creek running through our place and share it with Diggity and Addison, our two dogs. Our kids love the place and come visit often.

(7) We found out about BYC from the woman who gave us the 2 black stars, Amy ward. Thank you Amy!

I joined in December and the group is very helpful. The forums and articles are very interesting. I learn something new almost every time I check in! Even found out the new chickens I got were a totally different breed than what I had been told! Lol

Back
Top Bottom