New to backyard chickens. I have 6 mini Rhode Island reds. I live in Phoenix AZ

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

Your shade looks good. Add a couple of high powered fans, wet the floor down and it helps cool the air and the bedding. Cool feet mean cool birds. I've seen my birds all line up in front of my big turbo fan on hot days, beak to the wind, feathers blowing, they love it! Also cool treats like watermelon, ice in the water fonts.

Good luck with your flock and welcome to ours!
Thanks

Hello and welcome to BYC! This is a great place to learn and share your chicken adventures. Your coop and run look fine. I only have one concern and it has nothing to do with cooling. Chicken math will eventually kick in and small chicks could walk right through the chain link fencing. I would suggest adding some hardware cloth at the bottom edge of the chain link. My BR pullets were able to squeeze through the openings in my picket fence even after they started laying. Good luck with your wee flock.

Hello and welcome to BYC! This is a great place to learn and share your chicken adventures. Your coop and run look fine. I only have one concern and it has nothing to do with cooling. Chicken math will eventually kick in and small chicks could walk right through the chain link fencing. I would suggest adding some hardware cloth at the bottom edge of the chain link. My BR pullets were able to squeeze through the openings in my picket fence even after they started laying. Good luck with your wee flock.
Thank You 😊

Back
Top Bottom