New to BackYard Chickens.

the little zoo

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 21, 2014
Alnwick, Northumberland.
Hello.
I am new the the forum & would just like to introduce myself & to say any advice to me as a newby to chickens would be very appreciated
My name is Sharon & I live in Alnwick, Northumberland.
I have 2 sikie Bantam hens who just laid there first 2 eggs yesterday.
I also have a few other animal's too, 2 dogs (a whippet & border terrier) 3 cats,one of which is a Manx cat. 2 ferrets & 8 snakes.
Hence my user name of The Little Zoo, so Hello from me & my animal friends
1f60a.png

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with all your animals!

Thank you for the welcome
1f60a.png

When the hens lay are the eggs you take away meant to be replaced with dummy eggs? Is that what they are for, so the hens don't get stressed when the eggs get taken away?

Thank you for the welcome
1f60a.png

When the hens lay are the eggs you take away meant to be replaced with dummy eggs? Is that what they are for, so the hens don't get stressed when the eggs get taken away?
Dummy eggs are usually used to show hens where to lay their eggs. You usually don't replace the hen's real egg with dummy eggs; they don't usually get stressed out by the eggs being taken away.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on those first eggs!! Chickens are not attached to their eggs. So don't feel badly about taking them away. Unless the hen is broody and wants to hatch them, they just lay them and walk away, forgetting they even laid them. A broody will go set on them and never get off of them. LOL

If you are on a pc, uploading pics is easy. If you are on a phone, you may need to download a BYC app to be able to use all of BYC. You might try this link and see if it helps you at all...https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-on-how-to-upload-pictures-onto-the-byc-forum

Good luck and enjoy your wonderful flock!

Thanks TwoCrows.

One of my Silkies laid 2 eggs on her first day, I wad surprised she laid 2 & she has just laid another one this afternoon.
My other hen hasn't started to lay just yet.

With regards to uploading photos, my laptop is broke so can only use my mobile & when I choose an image it then says "embedding image" but then it does nothing? :(

Back
Top Bottom