new to backyard chickens

welcome-byc.gif

She is a Barred Rock and is 5 months old. The one I lost was a buff orpington. I bought them together as 2 week old chicks and up until recently thought they were both orpingtons. I also have 2 American buttercups that are over a year old ( they were about 8 months old when I got them). As of her weight I am not sure. She is much bigger than my buttercups though almost double their size.

Thank you TwoCrows I will definitely read that article! I dont have a way to separate the two inside the coop or run... Would it work if i put a cage on the ouside right against the run?
So sorry about your loss. I assume you mean you don't have enough room in the coop or run to place a cage? Then it seems to me the only thing you can do is placing it against the run if you feel that is safe from predators daytime and bring her in at night?

Consider posting your issue under managing your flock and a photo of the run/coop could help get more opinions.

Good luck with getting your flock to live in harmony.

Welcome to BYC, I am so glad you decided to join us.

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom