New to Both this site and Chickens.

farmerswifeony

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 11, 2012
SWW
thumbsup.gif
Hello everyone. I am new to the site and to raising chickens as the adult. My grandmother had chickens all over the dairy as a kid but i was never in charge of thier care. I certainly knew and know almost nothing about breeds. I have learned so much over the past few months, most of it form ya all. I love this community and how helpful and friendly everyone can be. I recently tried my first batch of chicks in the incubator and i failed. as my daughter would say an epic fail. I do have hope holding out for my ducks that are due to hatch anytime.

I recently purchased 34 baby chicks at the auction and have ended up with 7 roo's and 23 hens after a month and a half. I know what i was told they were when i purchased them but i have ended up with three birds that do not look like what i was told. I was told they were barred rock and most turned out to be so, or look accordingly, however, I have a 2 hens and this rooster than do not fit the bill. Can anyone help me out. What do you think they may be? They are such beauts. Thank you in advance for any advice as my husband children and i set out ont his wonderful journy building our farm and becoming more self suficient.

Hello and :welcome

Glad to have you on board! I'm not sure about your bird, perhaps you could post a thread in What breed or gender is this and get some more opinions.
Good luck with your ducks :fl
And hatching is a bit of a learning process, hopefully if you try again things will go better for you! :)

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site :D

Hello and welcome to BYC! You've come to the right place!

Back
Top Bottom