New to Brahmas, first roo ever?

So you already met Tiny... here is the rest of the flock! Thank you for letting me share!!!
Photo_2023-10-31_09-12-57_AM.png
Photo_2023-10-31_09-20-09_AM.png
Photo_2023-10-31_08-56-49_AM.png
Photo_2023-10-31_09-05-26_AM.png
Photo_2023-10-31_09-25-42_AM.png
Photo_2023-10-31_09-41-30_AM.png
Photo_2023-10-31_09-33-33_AM.png
Photo_2023-10-31_09-45-47_AM.png
Photo_2023-10-31_09-50-30_AM.png

Holy cow!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think the hatchery would be so accurate! I feel like I need to send them a gift or something 😆 Thank you!!! I really was going to give owning a roo a shot if I had one 10 beautiful pullets, I am amazed!
Did you order all Pullets? Or straight-run? If all pullets then the odds are good for all pullets - most are over 80% accurate
:love

Did you order all Pullets? Or straight-run? If all pullets then the odds are good for all pullets - most are over 80% accurate
:love
I did order pullets this time but never ordered from a hatchery before...they warned me that I may wind up with a roo or 2. I read the reviews and only one person actually wound up with all females when they ordered pullets so I was preparing myself. I love that they received their Marek's vaccination too. This has been an awesome experience ❤️

May I ask what hatchery you went through? I want to add some brahmas to my flock next year. This year my dad and I ordered 85 pullets (3 different breeds) from Dunlap hatchery in Idaho and only got 3 males, of course one of the 4 I took for my backyard flock ended up being one of the cockerels lol! Definitely less than expected!

I’d watch Gypsy…I get roo vibes from that one ☺️ my most favorite and chill rooster is a Brahma. He had a short teenage biting phase but once his hormones settled he mellowed a lot. He’s my 10 yr olds favorite boy and he will sit in her lap as long as she wants ❤️ He’s also very gentle to the ladies!

May I ask what hatchery you went through? I want to add some brahmas to my flock next year. This year my dad and I ordered 85 pullets (3 different breeds) from Dunlap hatchery in Idaho and only got 3 males, of course one of the 4 I took for my backyard flock ended up being one of the cockerels lol! Definitely less than expected!
Sorry for this late response, I'm new to this app and still learning how to use it! I used Hoover's Hatchery online. It was such a great experience. You do need to call and request which vaccines you want or they arrive unvaccinated. Everyone I spoke with was really nice and the chicks are beautiful and healthy! I can't believe only 3 males out of 85!!!!!!! That is unheard of 😆 I love this breed now and want to add more brahmas already!!! If there are surprise roos, I'll need more ladies hahaha

Back
Top Bottom