New to BYC, and chicks in general!

padavali

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
Hello!

I am Dianna, we bought our first batch of Cornish X hens 3 weeks ago, along with some Black Sex Links. Then not really thinking it through, I went and ordered a 'few' more egg layers :)

We really are learning as we go, yet I find myself constantly questioning what I am doing, how long to do something, is it enough, when to do this or that...

I grew up with Chickens, my parents always had 80 or so in the back yard. We had planned on just getting Broilers to stock our feezer, but I couldn't resist the egg layers.

welcome-byc.gif

Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

You sound like me (a victim of chicken math) lol. I just wanted 12 originally.....I have 30 now!

Dont fret too much. Chickens are pretty easy. Scour the learning center, it has a wealth of info for when you are questioning yourself.

Good luck to you :)

Hi from Indiana! That chicken math will get you! Ipromised Husband that 12 would be IT.......we have 25! We are raising dual purpose breeds for our household but are also very new to this! You might try looking for your state thread! Always a great source of advice!

Thank you everybody! Yes, I am a victim of Chicken Math... I have promised my hubby 3 times in the past 2 weeks "no more, I promise"... What is one or two more :) Trying to stick to what we have really hard and even resisted grabbing a few more yesterday as I walked by the huge bins of babies :)

Dianna

Back
Top Bottom