1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New to BYC and interested in golden pheasants

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by robs2346, Sep 19, 2014.

1. robs2346

robs2346 New Egg

Sep 19, 2014
    I am new to BYC as a mamber but have viewed many posts on here concerning various subjects. I would like to get a pair of golden pheasants in the spring of 2015 but I have some questions.
    I have a round corn crib about 12 ft in diameter and 6ft tall, I would like to put a roof over it for predator protection and shade. Would this be enough room for a single pair? I plan to put the coop/house attached to the outside of the crib.

I did read on a past post that pheasants and chickens shouldnt be mixed. My wife has about a dozen chickens that will be separate but only about 20 ft away is this too close?

I appreciate any advice that will be ensure success Thanks in advance.

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    The corn crib is an excellent idea and big enough for a pr of goldens or even a trio.Not sure on the distance away from chickens,but I would keep them as far apart as you can.
    In N.H.,Tony.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by