New to BYC and looking forward to learning more about our feathered friends.

Joeys Chickens

In the Brooder
May 12, 2015
My name is Joey and I have become addicted to chickens. Right now I have 32 sex-links and 4 lemon cuckoo orpingtons. I am keeping 5 of my sex-links and getting more of a variety of breeds. I have always dreamed of having a flock of difference.

My babies are 5 weeks and the lemons are 3 weeks. I love watching them mature and everyday I am amazed with how fast they grow plus they are kind of looking rough with their adult feathers coming in. I know I have so much to learn and I can't wait.

Hello Joey!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. :frow

Welcome to BYC, Joey. Glad you decided to join our flock. Sex Links are hardy, laying machines. You should get loads of eggs from those five girls. :eek:) I love Orpingtons as well. I've raised them for years, and they are beautiful, hardy, friendly and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and good layers of large brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Are your Sex Links, Black Sex Links or Red Sex Links?

Back
Top Bottom