New to BYC and new to having chickens!

BenCassBrowning

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 7, 2014
Hi all! We are Ben and Cass, we recently bought and moved our family (3 boys) to a 3 acre piece of farmland in SC. We started our little farm with a few goats, and we already had a few dogs and cats. Yesterday we decided after much research to purchase and bring home our first group of chickens!!! We ended up with 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Sex Links, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Golden Wyndottes, and 2 Buffs, and a beautiful rooster who my husband lovingly named Bo! We are so excited! We were told they should start laying in the next month or so! Your website and forums were a big help in our decision process so I figured we might as well join!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your new flock, hope those eggs show up soon!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! I hope the eggs start coming soon!

Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC, Ben and Cass! Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a nice mixed flock. Are your Sex Links Black or Red Sex Links? Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Thank you, and they are black, we are still interested in getting some green and blue egg layers, but decided to start with some brown egg layers first!

Thank you, and they are black, we are still interested in getting some green and blue egg layers, but decided to start with some brown egg layers first!

You're welcome. I love Black Sex Links. I have raised them for years (currently have 7) and they are hardy, friendly, egg laying machines. We also have 7 Easter Eggers, which are my granddaughter's favorite chickens. She loves the different colored eggs that they lay. Good luck in getting those Easter Eggers.

Back
Top Bottom