New to BYC and new to having chickens!

welcome-byc.gif

Went out to check on our chickens this morning and we had and EGG!!! We were told not to expect any eggs till October, my 12 year old son was so excited!!!

Hi all! We are Ben and Cass, we recently bought and moved our family (3 boys) to a 3 acre piece of farmland in SC. We started our little farm with a few goats, and we already had a few dogs and cats. Yesterday we decided after much research to purchase and bring home our first group of chickens!!! We ended up with 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Sex Links, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Golden Wyndottes, and 2 Buffs, and a beautiful rooster who my husband lovingly named Bo! We are so excited! We were told they should start laying in the next month or so! Your website and forums were a big help in our decision process so I figured we might as well join!

Welcome from way on down South
welcome-byc.gif

A happy welcome from up here in Ohio.
I did the same thing (except I went 'crazy' and decided on trying to hatch eggs!)
th.gif
Almost that bad :0
Was on here for a very short while and just had to become a member. Exceptional support group, by far.
Couldn't do it without them, that's furrr sure!
Hope I get to be like you when I 'grow' up, three acres sounds sublime. If you ever feel the need to adopt an
adult, you'll know where I am at....
frow.gif

Take care,

Back
Top Bottom