New to BYC and New to raising silkies

Fuzzybutt Silkies

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2020
Hello,

Thank you for allowing me to join BYC
Animated GIF

I am new to Silkies . I started off with a few chicks from a random breeder. I was told that person has sick chickens, so I gave away the seemingly healthy chicks to someone (who I explained everything to) they did not mind since they had all vetted out fine. I wanted to start off on the right path since I do not have a ton of room. It cost the same to keep great, as it does to struggle with not so great, may as well try for great!!

Today was my 5th day of incubation. I candled the eggs and have some beautiful live embryos showing.

The eggs are 4 black and 3 lavender silkies.

I have had chickens on and off all my life. I cannot wait to raise silkies as pets and for my grandson to show in 4H. I may even give showing a try someday.

I love animals and hate cruelty of any kind. I love: houseboating (going soon), training horses and dogs, camping, fishing, my grandchildren and even my husband lol.

I have worked construction and Managed a large retail chain and now we own our own pest management business.

I joined BYC because, it always come up in my (trying to learn about silkies) web searches. I would say it is, my #1 source of information. It helps me, to make better informed decisions.

I will definitely be striving for SOP in all things Silkies. I believe when we take away natural selection and start imposing our will on these animals we need to do so responsibly. More so when we plan to sell to others, what we do today can have a good or bad influence on the breed in the future. I like to leave behind good influences in my wake.

Hello,

Thank you for allowing me to join BYC
Animated GIF

I am new to Silkies . I started off with a few chicks from a random breeder. I was told that person has sick chickens, so I gave away the seemingly healthy chicks to someone (who I explained everything to) they did not mind since they had all vetted out fine. I wanted to start off on the right path since I do not have a ton of room. It cost the same to keep great, as it does to struggle with not so great, may as well try for great!!

Today was my 5th day of incubation. I candled the eggs and have some beautiful live embryos showing.

The eggs are 4 black and 3 lavender silkies.

I have had chickens on and off all my life. I cannot wait to raise silkies as pets and for my grandson to show in 4H. I may even give showing a try someday.

I love animals and hate cruelty of any kind. I love: houseboating (going soon), training horses and dogs, camping, fishing, my grandchildren and even my husband lol.

I have worked construction and Managed a large retail chain and now we own our own pest management business.

I joined BYC because, it always come up in my (trying to learn about silkies) web searches. I would say it is, my #1 source of information. It helps me, to make better informed decisions.

I will definitely be striving for SOP in all things Silkies. I believe when we take away natural selection and start imposing our will on these animals we need to do so responsibly. More so when we plan to sell to others, what we do today can have a good or bad influence on the breed in the future. I like to leave behind good influences in my wake.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom