New to BYC and to Chickens.

BigDaddyMM

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Lebanon Missouri
It all started for me when I convinced my Wife and myself that if we could keep 2 kids alive and happy a couple chickens should be easy. That was about 4 months ago. With info from BYC Forum I got a brooder ready and we went down to Cackle Hatchery (Unfortunately just 6 blocks from home) I bought five 2 week old Cinnamon Queens. While they grew like weeds I built what has come to be known as the Chicken Palace. My Wife expected something like a Dog house but when I had to roll it out of the shop to put the roof on (Too tall for the 8 foot door) She thought I was nuts. Then She said "why did you buy all the same color chickens we need some contrast" so we went back and got three 6 hour old Barred Plymouth Rocks. We live in town on a double size lot so I have a tad over 1/2 acre backyard for the Girls to free range all day and a Palace for them to live in at night. The brooder is empty again and the next trip to Cackle is sure to be sooner than later. With ALL the info about chickens on BYC Forum it really has been easy and a lot of fun.

BA-HA! that's funny! contrast. Good for her!
lol.png

I like the avatar. Good going on keeping the kids alive. keep it up!
big_smile.png

the chickens will be surprisingly easier!

Cackle's store is nuthin to crow about they sometimes have chicks out front but most everything goes on in a backroom. I can say that they are the nicest people I have ever dealt with around here.

Last edited:
Hi. Yes, love the contrast idea. My only two 'matching' hens are the Barred Rocks. Completely different personalities. Welcome from Colorado.

Back
Top Bottom