New to BYC Forum

ChicknGal

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 22, 2011
Good Morning all,
I am new to the site as well as raising chickens.
I have 3 hens and 1 Rooster. 2 of the hens are Cochins and 1 Blue Silkie Hen and My Rooster is a Black Silkie.
All of which a just sweeties, even Rooster.
I do have some questions and would like to know where I can ask, post and look for help.
Most recently, 1 on my Cochins has started "picking" on my sweet Blue Silkie chasing her away and not allowing her to huddle at night. She just trys to lay still and bury herself under the others.
This just started a week ago and the Chickens are now 6 months old. Up until now they have always got along.

Looking forward to being part of BYC Forum

Last edited:
15498_rain_on_glass.jpg

Pick the forum that matches the closest to your ? Then just ask. Just like you posted your intro.

Imp

Thanks IMP.
Mich-so separate the aggressive gal completely? both during the day and the night?
during the day - like today, I am home and able to supervise, I let them out in the yard, and my poor little blue is hiding behind bushes and seems to be very careful when she approaches back to there little "yard" in front of the coop.

Hi to all ive bin on this site for about 1month and im realy glad that there is loads of people on here that can help you if you have any questions.

Im 21 and bin looking after chickens for about 6months and if any one has any advice that they can give me il be more than happy to listen.

welcome-byc.gif
, chicknGal, from CT!

(And welcome also, chickenbonkers. You haven't actually done your own intro post, so you may not have gotten the hearty welcome you might expect.)
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom