New to BYC.......from Milton Keynes in England

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chriskitty572, Jun 2, 2010.

1. chriskitty572

chriskitty572 New Egg

Jun 2, 2010
    Hello I would like to introduce myself. My name is Christine and I am from Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire England. I am 56yrs old and have just got my lovely girls (I am a first time chicken keeper) on April the 19th 2010. My boyfriend bought me the chooks for my birthday (not til August........long story) with the coop and all, a use it or lose it deal. I have 2 leghorns, one Esmarelda and the other Henryetta, and 2 columbian blacktails, one Stevie and the other spike (an even longer story).

We live in the city and keep our hens free ranging in the backgarden. I have always wanted to keep chickens for their eggs, but I could never understand why people thought that they were good pets, until now. I love my pretty ladies and would not part with them now for love nor money.

I will probably bore the pants off you all with my silly and incessant questions, but I am of the opinion that if you don't ask you won't know, so I am saying sorry now, to save doing it in the future.

I am off now to go and peruse the rest of the site, but I hope to be chatting with you soon.

Christine:cool:

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

3. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG] Glad you joined! [​IMG]

4. eggseroneous

eggseroneous Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    South-Western PA
    A big [​IMG] from Pennsylvania, USA! You'll love it here at BYC! Being a new-to-chickens person myself, I have had so much fun and found so much great information here...don't know what I'd do without it.

Can't wait to see pictures of your ladies and coop!

Elizabeth

5. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG] you've come to the right place-we don't get bored of chickens here! Watch out-you will soon have an incubator and MORE chickens than you can count!!! [​IMG]

6. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    [​IMG] from California! [​IMG]

We're all chicken addicts here, so doubt you could bore anyone.

You're going to love it here.

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Christine, we are so glad you joined us. And yes, you will be chatting with us soon. Sooner or later we all have questions, or boasts about how beautiful our girls are!

8. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    [​IMG] from Eastern Kentucky.

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

10. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from SE Pa. Glad you joined! You're going to [​IMG] it here! Lots of knowledgeable chicken lovers. Don't be afraid to ask questions!!

Jen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by