New to BYC from north central NC!

fcovet

Hatching
Dec 15, 2015
Norlina nc
Hello everyone and let me worry by saying what an amazing site this is I thoroughly enjoy lurking around and reading about facts opinions and experiences. I am definitely interested in getting into chickens more in depth than I already am. I already have ( might as well be mine lol they are technically my girlfriend's lol) two black star (mixed?), three hatchery rirs chicks, one heritage rir rooster, one rir her (mixed?), several misc roosters that are extras from friends farm that they didn't need and yes we process chickens as well.

Here recently I have been contemplating in gaining either an already established heritage breed or blrw and raising them and try my hand at breeding. And I have since fueled that inkling by browsing through the wonderful knowledge and passion of this site.

Hello everyone and let me worry by saying what an amazing site this is I thoroughly enjoy lurking around and reading about facts opinions and experiences. I am definitely interested in getting into chickens more in depth than I already am. I already have ( might as well be mine lol they are technically my girlfriend's lol) two black star (mixed?), three hatchery rirs chicks, one heritage rir rooster, one rir her (mixed?), several misc roosters that are extras from friends farm that they didn't need and yes we process chickens as well.

Here recently I have been contemplating in gaining either an already established heritage breed or blrw and raising them and try my hand at breeding. And I have since fueled that inkling by browsing through the wonderful knowledge and passion of this site.

Welcome to BYC! Please ask any questions you may have. We would be more than happy to answer your questions.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Many of us were lurkers before joining, me included. Sounds like you are enjoying your chickens and that chicken math may have got hold of you!! It happens to us all I'm afraid.
Wishing you the very best of luck adding to your flock in the future.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Even though they are hybrids, Black Stars (Black Sex Links) are my personal favorites as they are very friendly and hardy, laying machines that consistently churn out more than 300 large brown eggs per hen per year. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom