New to byc...how should I do this??

Thund3rWang95

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2018
Clifton, ME
Currently have 50 ish birds. Lots of variety . Some were bought as pullets...some straight run...wanted to see if we could peg any for sure to be roos as of now...as they will not be staying. Have some fancier breeds coming in the next couple weeks that are straight run so going to keep those when the roos pop up. So out of the 48 birds I need the bigger ones to get a second opinion. Some of the smaller guys may be a bit harder. 5 australorp, 6 buff orps and 6 RI reds are all around 5/6 weeks. 6 barred rocks are 3/4 weeks, 6 nh reds are 4/5 weeks, 3 EE 3/4 WEEKS, 3 EE 4 white leghorn 4 red sexlink 4 silver wyandottes all 2/3 weeks. And some of the smaller ones and EE I know won't be able to be clear. Was just wondering best way to get answers? Should I break it down by breed? Should I not clutter the forums with 48 different posts? Ugh...HELP!!

WELCOME TO BYC!!!!
:frow:wee:frow
:welcome
instawelcome.jpg

Now, LOL The best way is going to be for you to take individual pics of any suspects when they're between 6-8 weeks old. Make sure you get shots of the comb, hackle and saddle feathers and in natural light. Also, pics of them standing naturally will help as well.

Either or. It will be easier for you and the helpers if you number your chicks and pics. So we can all be on the same page. That's if you do it all in one thread... if you do individual threads for each one, its not as big a deal or confusing.
Something in between sounds good to me. 5 to 10, maybe, at most. One post at a time would be okay but more work than is necessary. All 50 would get confusing and overload a lot of slower computers out there, like mine.

So after cleaning and hanging out with everyone...I'm pretty sure I got alot more roos than I first expected. Seeing lots of Combs and some already starting to pink up...I'll wait another week or two before getting pics and asking again!

Back
Top Bottom