New to BYC, New to Chickens

rjphillipsjr

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 18, 2012
Central, Louisiana
Hello! My name is Ron and I am living in central Louisiana. My wife and I recently decided to venture into the realm of chickens for eggs and I have been relentlessly browsing BYC learning all I can. To comply with thread etiquette:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am brand new. Never raised one before!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
None at the moment. Planning the coop and am looking at getting 2-4 chickens to start with.

(3) What breeds do you have?
See above, but after some browsing, my wife and I are leaning to Rhode Islands, and Buff Orpingtons.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google search!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Reading, Writing, my wife is an avid crafter/sewer, and I enjoy the outdoors.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am a happily married man and come May we will have been married for two years! I am 24 years old and we have two little dogs who my wife calls our babies. :)

Looking forward to as much advice and info I can find around here! As soon as we get started I will post pics!

-Ron

welcome-byc.gif
from MN

welcome this is a nice place to ask and get info I just started last spring and it helped me a lot and have had a great time where do you plan to get your chickens at

Thank you all so much for the welcome! This place has already been so informative!

@no1hilbily - I'm not sure yet, been looking at mail orders, but I live in a rural township and alot of people sell and raise chickens around here, so we will see!

Well! Today was eventful! My wife and I went out looking for brooder supplies (and chickens :p) and we ended up coming home with four adorable little chicks!

They are approximately a week old and we got two buff orps and two barred rocks (wife insisted on them because they were too "cute"). Got them home and they are chirping away!!

Back
Top Bottom