New to byc

Hi :welcome

I'm glad you could join us here! The learning centre is a great place to start, lots of great articles on getting your chicken adventures started. There is a great section on "Getting started" I'm sure you will find that most helpful. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
Do you have any breeds in mind yet?

Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome to the forum Jon!
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on Yorkshire coop' if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi my names Jon new member, interested in learning how to start raising chickens. All help welcome!
Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock! If you have any questions feel free to ask. Do you have any chicken breeds in mind, purpose for you chickens, need advice on breeds?

Hi Jon,
frow.gif

This is the place for all things chicken (or geese, ducks, guineas, turkeys, etc.). Let us know if we can help you out!

What do you think? My mom had what she called Bantys when I was young in Wisconsin. Reading on them now they say infrequent layers and small eggs.I recall our eggs being slightly smaller but not much, and I don't remember infrequent laying there always seemed to be plenty when I had the collecting chore! They were tough surviving those winters too!

Back
Top Bottom