New to BYC

Stephens

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 2, 2009
Waxhaw, NC
I have learned alot on this site and have been a visitor for weeks and finally joined. I have been wanting to raise some chickens for years but didn't seem to have the time. I got my first egg on Dec. 27th then one on the 29th. My wife told me I was like a kid on Christmas morning. My granddaugther who is 3 and myself works together and she gets as excited as I do. We have 2 BO hens, 6 BR pullets, 2BR roos, 1 RIR roo, 2? Pullets, and 1 BB Red Ban.

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif

I hope that your new chickens bring you plenty of joy and happiness; it will be like Christmas every morning when they start laying eggs for your family!

Glad to have you as a member!
frow.gif

Quote:
First:
welcome-byc.gif

That is sooo special that you are sharing this with your grandchild. What a special memory you are creating with her! my grandpa did the same with me, except with cows!! I am much older now <sighs> but I am sharing the love of animals with my kids now, too!

Best wishes and be sure to look around. Lots of good peole here!
Christina

What was really great was Tuesday morning when she came into the living room and asked me if she could eat the little egg. I told her sure. I asked her how was it? She said it was the best egg she ever ate.

Back
Top Bottom