New to BYC

mudrunner1957

In the Brooder
Dec 14, 2019
Southern Maryland
Hello to all members.
I'm Denny, just wanted to introduce myself to the site.
Will read some post to see if any of my ? are already addressed. I have 13 chickens, had 14 until the other day. One was what seems to me to be that she was pecked to death, now i have one that has been pecked just not to death, trying to treat her with wound spray, Will get back to everyone after i have read some post.
Thanks Denny

Hello Denny and welcome to BYC! :frow

How much room are you providing? Cramped birds can kill each other. Minimum 5 square feet per bird in the coop (not including nest boxes or roosts) and 10 square feet per bird in the run. Put out several food and water stations as well.

Good luck and welcome to our roost!

Hi! :frow Welcome to BYC! I'm so sorry you lost a chicken that way! :hugs Do you have one particular aggressor? If so, take her out of the mix. If it's all of them pecking, then you have an issue to resolve. As has been stated already, either overcrowding or lack of protein. I'm sure you will get all the advice you need here to remedy the situation. Starting a thread in the emergencies forum will get the fastest answers.

:welcome :frow You have a lot of reading to do, there is a lot of good information. If you have any questions just ask. You will get a ton of answers. Some may work and some may not as each situation may be a bit different. Good luck with your flock and have fun...

Back
Top Bottom