New to BYC

Hi, I’m 6 months new to the fine feathered world. I currently have 3- Barred Rock Chickens (acts like the Madagascar penguins) and a single very spoiled Bourbon Red turkey named T-Bird. I have a Great Dane and a Golden Retriever that the turkey challenges and the chickens provide a spa day for, as they provide them with back scratches and pecking. My cats do not like that kind of attention though. My son is learning to care for them and if left up to him only, they would have died 15 times by now… just kidding! I backyard garden as well. I have visited BYC quite often to learn what to do, not to do, and when to do it. I really appreciate all the info and T- Bird is alive today because of it. The t-shirt harness I made for him worked out great too… it’s a long story, but I suspended him from my porch and his kennel roof just to keep him from flopping all over and used it for rehab too. I love the DIY Coops… new babys ordered and are due soon.
Welcome aboard! I absolutely adore Barred Rocks. Hopefully, we will be able to obtain some more in the not too distant future.

Welcome to the forum! I know I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to say Welcome as well :wee I love the fact that you're already enjoying the forum, I hope this remains true for a long while! I would also love for you to show us your turkey, and your Madagascar penguins, even your dogs, if that's something you'd like as well! Hope to see you around

Back
Top Bottom