New to BYC!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LivingRootsFarm, Jun 11, 2011.

1. LivingRootsFarm

LivingRootsFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    Samsula
    Hello everyone! I am a young female farmer in Samsula Florida - south west of Daytona Beach area. My husband and I own a landscape and irrigation company in the area. When the economic situation changed we began selling plants at local farmers markets a couple of years ago. At first I was purely a reseller of any kind of plant under the sun, but when I brought herbs and vegetable plants I got such a great response from customers that I sold out every week. I then start growing my own herbs and vegetable plants to sell - specializing in heirloom produce. Now I have moved in to actually growing and selling the produce and fresh cut herbs. I figured what's a farm without farm animals. I have been researching and wanting chickens for years now and I finally took the plunge. I recieved my 31 babies on April 4 and so far so good. I did lose three cuckoo marans - two within a three days of recieving them and the next by hawk a week ago. It is definitely a learning process but so far I love going in to the coop every morning to check on them! My husband also got two pigs for the farm a month ago. My future plan is to be able to sell my extra eggs with heirloom produce at our markets! Well again hello everyone!

2. HatchingFever

HatchingFever Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2011
    Welcome From Sunny San Dieago CA [​IMG]

3. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Tn!!!

4. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    [​IMG] from Louisiana