New to BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Honey_Silvas, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Honey_Silvas

Honey_Silvas Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2011
    Kyle, TX
    Hi, I am a new member on BYC. I found BYC looking for information about chickens. We were given 5 chickens on Friday by a friend who is having a hard time with her chickens because of the heat and drought here in Texas. We 3 regular size hens and then a bantam rooster and hen. I had already ordered 25 bantam chicks that I will be picking up on Wednesday. I have never had chickens before, but was around them as a child at my grand parents. That has been many years ago.
    Our other animals include 4 pygmy goats we obtained about a month ago, 3 dogs (mini doxie, chihuahua and basset mixed with a blue lacy or maybe a pitbull, it's hard to tell. We have 2 inside cats and an outside cat(her choice). Oh yes and someone gave us a rabbit 3 days ago! My new hobby has become building pens and shelters for all the new animals, but I am absolutely loving it.
    It is great to have a place to come and learn more about the chickens and hear other peoples stories.

2. Unclebean

Unclebean Rest in Peace 1977-2013

Jun 10, 2010
    Tower City, PA
    [​IMG] from Pennsylvania!

3. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

Wow! Your place sounds just like ours! Welcome to the fun. You are gonna love it here![​IMG]

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Bless you for taking in all those critters! [​IMG] [​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! [​IMG]

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas! Glad you joined us! [​IMG] Sounds like you're jumping into it feet first! [​IMG] Best of luck with all your critters! [​IMG] Enjoy the forum! [​IMG]

6. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] from NY

7. Kaeta44

Kaeta44 Chillin' With My Peeps

8. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome to BYC!