New to BYC

WhitneyMarie13

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Hi,
I'm Whitney! I live in Tucson, Arizona with my husband, dog, desert tortoise and now, 2 new chicks! The hubs and I have never raised chickens before and we are excited to get started! Hubs has experience with caring for chickens...he has family that lives on a decent sized farm in Wisconsin, but he never had the chance to start with babies. We've had our 2 chicks for almost 3 weeks now and so far everything has been great. They're getting lots of feathers in and they really enjoy spending a few hours a day out in the open (under close supervision, of course) pecking at little bugs and weeds. The weather here is been excellent for letting them spend time outside.

Our coop is under construction and should be finished in a matter of days (good thing hubby is excellent at building things).

I'm excited to be a new member here and have already enjoyed the many helpful articles and pieces of great advice that are offered!

I am curious to see if anybody can tell me about how old my chickies really are (the store we purchased them from told us that at the time the were 2 weeks old but my mother in law said they looked more like 3 weeks old...) If they were 2-3 weeks they'd be about 5-6 weeks now. I'm wondering if this is accurate or not...I'm also curious to see if anyone has any idea of the breed of chicken they are...

Thanks!

The front chickie was very interested in my phone...

Welcome to BYC!!!
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!!
welcome-byc.gif

Greetings from Kansas, Whitney, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Hard for me to tell on age as I can't tell relative size - but 5-6 weeks looks close for the amount of feathers they have. Breed...and I'm the world's worst breed guesser - might be Leghorn. But for more (and likely more accurate) guesses, post in the link below. Have fun with your flock!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Back
Top Bottom