New to BYC

athomezoo

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 14, 2013
Downers Grove, Illinois
Hi my name is Rachel, I've been reading through BYC for a while and decided to join. I have 3 hens I believe are a barred rock, white rock and a red star- Pepper, Lilly and Matilda. Their young still wont b laying age until around October. I had some chickens when I was younger but this is the first time I'm raising chicks. They are the cutest little things ever! My kids are absolutely in love with them too and help with every aspect of taking care of them.
I also have many other types of birds, 2 dogs, 3 cats some fish & turtles & 2 lop eared bunnies- hence my BYC name- at home zoo. Look forward to meeting other members and reading others posts about their quirky feathered friends :)

Welcome aboard. I too have just joined but have been reading the site for a couple of years. Your home sounds like mine.

Thanks! I think animals are like chips- you can't have just one, gotta have the whole mixed bag :)
I have always loved animals so it wasn't a surprise to anyone that knows me I picked up some chickens. I also think its great for children to grow up with animals as well and I have 4 children.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom