new to BYC

mibirdawg

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014
Decker, Mi
Hello all. My name is Ryan. My father recently got me into raising meat chickens. I currently house 33 chickens in my garage. 25 are cornish rocks, 4 are Freedom Rangers and my other 4 are Ambers. I started out with seven cornish rocks to have something to do why I was of work and let's just say I fell in love and really started enjoying my self so I bought 25 more. Also my father bought my girlfriends two girls and my two kids ducks for Easter and I bought a turkey. Everyone I have a question I search Google and it always brings me here to this site.

Last edited:
Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with the new chicks! BYC does seem to have all the answers!

images

Welcome to BYC!

Nice brooder! Yes, this is the place to be for all the knowledge!

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

I have actually enhanced my broader. I put three sliding tops on it one has the heat lamp hanging from it the middle one has a one gallon watering container hanging and the third is so I can check on them. On the top I have all the breeds and dates of purchase as well as how many weeks old by the date so I know exactly when to butcher. So far my favorite is rhe freedom rangers and the ambers. My turkey is a black broad breasted and I spoil her. She sits on my shoulder why I tend to the rest of my pets. I have two bunnies in the house and three dogs who all come out with me to tend to the chickens. So far im loving it and already setting the date to order twenty five jumbo cornish rocks pending on how well we do off the cornish x we have now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom